4 ingredients: Chicken. Kale. Carrots. Brussel Sprouts. That’s all you’ll need.
I haven’t bought kale in awhile. It is full of nutrients and can be made into so many fun things! This weekend, I decided to mix it in with some other clean eats to make a nutritious, healthy, and delicious dinner. The best part? It requires only 4 main ingredients!
Here’s what you will need:
Chicken, Kale, Brussel Sprouts, Carrots
I wasn’t lying when I said 4 main ingredients.
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Cut chicken into slices
3. Let chicken sit in your marinade of choice (I chose a lite sodium soy sauce!)
4. Prep and chop your veggies (I chose brussel sprouts, kale & carrots)
- Wash kale and set aside to dry
- Chop carrots up
- Cut Brussel sprouts in half
5. Once chicken has sat in the marinade for a little while (I w
Vegetables on top of half-cooked chicken
as in a rush and only let it sit for about 10 minutes!) – place in oven safe dish.
Hint: line the oven safe dish with tin foil – makes for an easier clean up!!
6. Place dish in the oven & let chicken cook about half way (10-15 minutes)
7. Pull the dish out and put kale, carrots & brussel sprouts on top of the chicken. Drizzle olive oil & lightly salt vegetables
8. Put dish with chicken and vegetables back in the oven to bake until chicken is fully cooked (another 10+ minutes) – this lets all the juices cook together! Talk about yum 🙂
9. When it’s done…. ENJOY!
As always, I make sure I have enough food for the week. This made about 3 dinners worth for me. The second night I chose to make brown rice to add some carbs & fiber to the meal to keep me full longer – a girl needs carbs when she’s lifting weights!
Try it out and let me know what you think!